Recently I’ve been thinking about what I want to achieve by the time I’m 30. Yes, OK, I’m only 27, but in a month or so I’ll be 28 and that is, let’s face it, almost 30.
I know folk don’t like to admit it, but if you were just counting, say, and you got to 27 or 28, you’d say you were *almost* at 30. Wouldn’t you? You would.
So, there, like it or not, I’m numerically almost 30.
And that is a big number and I want to have some shit in order by then so that I can just deal with the fact that I’ll then be a proper grown up, with declining fertility, an even greater propensity to sag and little idea of what my future holds.
So here, in its mediocre glory, is my List and I’m sure I will add to it as I go.
1. Be financially solvent: no debt
2. Have savngs and be saving regularly
3. Have a secure, international Pension
4. Figure out what I want to do with my life: find a path in education or a new career path which will give me challenge and excitement, either mentally, physically or both
5. Get a driving licence
6. Be a healthy, maintain able weight, ideally c.65kg
7. Train again in Thailand
8. Try Taiko Drumming
9. Try Roller Derby
10. Travel to at least 3 new countries
11. Learn something new for the sake of learning
And that’s all for now, folks…